January 13, 2010

Homemade Pasta

I had never tried making pasta before last night because I always thought it would be really hard to do. Boy! Was I wrong! Here...Look. I went to my handy-dandy recipe book and followed the recipe.  It was sooo easy and VERY yummy.

This is the flour, salt and “crushed dried herb”

IMG_0194

This is after I added the oil, water and egg. I had kneaded for 5 minutes and it looked and smelled great.IMG_0195

I rolled each ball very flat.  It said “paper thin”, and I did the best I could do.  VERY flat…

IMG_0199

 

 

 

 

 

Then folded it (this photo shows folded in thirds) and cut tiny strips.  I eventually figured out to up the cutting board and fold in half.  It was less work to unfold them to hang…you’ll see. IMG_0196 

 

 

 

 

The kids were on hang to dry duty.  This IS an antique drying rack after all.  It usually hangs in the bathroom for hose and the like but moved to the dining room this time.  IMG_0197

 

 

 

 

 

I think I like the drying rack here actually…

IMG_0198

 

 

 

 

 

Here are the noodles boiling.  They FLOAT!  Funny, I never thought about it before…it only takes 3-5 minutes to cook.  Faster than heating bottled sauce…

IMG_0200

 

 

 

 

Here is the finished product.  Sooo yummy and no fake anything …in the noodles anyway. I’ll have to pan ahead better next time to make my own sauce.  I make a MEAN sauce. 

IMG_0201

 

 

 

 

 

Now,  go forth and let them eat pasta…


No comments:

Post a Comment