February 10, 2010

Updates

I have a few things to update on.
1) The 730/365 challenge…I started off on February 1st with 120 items!  And now I am up to 147 items…Woo-Hoo!  That just got me more excited to find more things that we don’t use, that doesn’t fit, that we don’t LOVE or someone would love more than we do.  What was on that list anyway you might ask.  Well, let’s see:
  • 4 pair footie jammies that Tallen has outgrown and lots of other things he’s outgrown.  I can’t believe he’s going to be 4 ! ! His baby days are gone for sure.  I hear a lot of “me do it” and “me know how” lately.
  • clothes the girls have outgrown and/or no longer love as much. We passed some on to some younger kids we know.  I loved the things and wanted the PERFECT person to have them…my downfall. I want others to love them as much as I did.
  • 20 things were clothes I have FINALLY gotten used to the idea that I CAN’T wear…and WHEN I lose weight, I will want “up to date” and cuter things anyway…I’ll deserve NEW clothes (from the 2nd hand store that I love to shop at…it’s the treasure hunt I love!!)
  • 4 pairs of shoes/boots that my fat feet will never fit back into after 3 kids and much mistreatment by the owner. 
  • many, many misc. things – extra kitchen stuff, hard cover books, kids toys they no longer use, etc.       
I am excited to find and count more…I will do the whole 730 for sure.  Now – for me to NOT go in and replace the things gotten rid of with an EQUAL number of new goodies…I took this load and only got myself ONE purse AND it was 1/2 off even! (I immediately gave the one I was using away) One in and One out…too bad I gave it to Miranda to keep her knifty-knitter in, so it’s actually still here!! Oh, well.  I am taking the clothes to the consignment store and I’ll try that for awhile.  Some of the girls at church have made good money doing it that way.
2) the projects (knit) – I NEED new photos and haven’t done it.  I have about 5 inches done on the self striping socks for Miss Miranda.  She is most impatient with me on this front.  I started them in October during General Conference and almost finished but then tore them out on Christmas and restarted them.  The stitches were loopy and loose and they wouldn’t wear well for her. They look GREAT now. The stitches are very small (size 1 needles) and even.  Lovely.
3) I am working on hand warmers as well, I finished a pair the other day for my Mother (I can write this because I don’t think she reads the blog…) And one of these days I’ll actually make MYSELF some. Maybe…
4) Miranda got her braces off yesterday. I’ll post pictures when it’s not so late…gotta get to bed after hanging the “snow day” signs I made for the girls.  They will be so excited!!!! G’night.

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea! I'm IN!!
    Thanks for the inspiration! :)
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete